Friday, March 12, 2010

I'm sorry, what?!

Ever have the feeling that you've somehow woken up into someone else's life? I've been having that feeling almost every day, lately. Reminds me of this show I used to watch pretty religiously when I was a kid: Quantum Leap.





















The whole premise of the show was that this guy (the cocky looking guy in the blue shirt) would wake up or just "appear" in someone else's body-someone else's life. And this other guy (the one in the tacky white blazer) was essentially his Jiminiy Cricket and would explain to him why he was there or at the very least what was going in that person's life. And he would, of course, warn him of the dangers ahead while smoking a big fat cigar. Always found that part to be a bit ironic.

Anyway, all that to say, I can totally relate to that ridiculous (poorly wardrobed) classic 1980's TV show. I've been waking up every day and doing all the same things that I normally do, but for some reason everything I thought I knew about my life seems to be wrong. I might as well be waking up into someone else's life!

Very disillusioning.

Who's my Jiminy Cricket? Oddly enough, it's my mom, as she seems to be the only one who has a clear and concise answer to most of my current life questions. Sans the cigar.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I loved Quantum Leap! I totally know the feeling, like nothings turned out how you planned?
    P.S. It's definitely not too late for a cocktail party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, in that case, I'm free almost every night next week! :D

    ReplyDelete