Thursday, March 18, 2010

And furthermore!

And let me just add one more thing to yesterday's post:

I've been kicking myself a little about this giant transition of being a center-of-it-all city girl to going back to the slower-paced life in the country. And it's partly because this is something I said I would never do. And partly because I've had so much time to think about it that I feel I should be used the idea by now. And excited. Or at the very least, ready to go.

Even as I was typing out my thoughts last night, I kept thinking to myself, "Why aren't you there yet? You should be on-board with this change by now!" And then I got to thinking today about how I felt right before I moved to SB. I didn't want to stay home, but I didn't want to go either. I wasn't excited at all. I was scared. I was curious, for sure, but mostly I was scared to death that I was going to somehow single-handedly ruin my life in one swift move down the coast.

Hmm...I'm sensing a pattern here...

So, I let up on myself a little more today. It's not for me to reason why. And it's not up to me to make life amazing before it even happens. My responsibility to is to ride the ride. Arms and hands in the air at all times.


















Did I mention that I'm not a fan of roller coasters? 

Just looking at this picture makes me reach for a paper bag.

1 comment:

  1. loved this post! you write so concisely and i so appreciate your witticisms! i am jealous, YOU should be moving to san francisco, and I should be moving to the country! give me your chickens and i'll give you my crowds, cars, n culture?

    ReplyDelete