Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sick, sad addictions

(This one is just for you, Nelly!)

I'm going to take a break from the list making as my various lists seem to be spiraling out of control lately. Sometimes they go from being all important lists to being silly and about things that will never happen and don't matter anyway....like dusting. 

Instead, I will tell you about my current addiction. Well, two addictions really: the new iphone that has smuggled a spot in my heart and chicken curry. I now have a sick, sad addiction to chicken curry. Chicken curry salad from Panino's. Yellow chicken curry from Your Choice Thai. Cold chicken curry from Cantwell's. If loving chicken curry is wrong then, baby, I don't wanna be right!

As for the iphone, it's an addiction that may never stop. Eventually I will tire of chicken or curry, but the iphone will forever have a place in my heart. (Especially since it makes my blackberry seem completely useless. Like a sixth finger.) It's THE toy for grown-ups. Or anyone for that matter! I just love saying, "There's an app for that!" As I said to a friend tonight, it just rolls off the tongue. Can't help but say those five little words whenever possible. And as my other friend said to me tonight (when I started to ignore her), "My entrails are on the floor here and you're on your iphone!"

I used to ignore people or duck out of a conversation for an important text or phone call and now... Well, now, I'm a hopeless case. I can't stop looking at my phone. It's so shiny, pretty. Call me crazy, but I swear it whispers to me.

This can't be good.


1 comment:

  1. Wow. That is awesome. I will always remember you in my head with this little illustration. (Tara minus blackbery plus iphone equals love.) It's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete