Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Can't see the forest for all these damn trees!

I had a break-through on Sunday. A mental break-through. I realized I have been approaching my impending move date in entirely the wrong manner. It was depressing me and I haven't even boxed up so much as a paper clip! I was beginning to dread this move so much that at one point I think I had a passing thought that sounded something like this:  

"Well, I guess I'll just get up there and then in a couple years I'll die or wither away...or something."

Like, I'm....what?! A houseplant? No, no, no! I've been coming at this move all wrong! This isn't the end. This is the middle. Another beginning, somewhere in the middle. I've had new beginnings in the middle before and not a single one of them was regrettable. Sure, I wish I had done some things differently, but nothing has been so disastrous or life altering that it was regrettable. Just like this move. This move will not cause my world to implode. It will just be another thing I try...somewhere in the middle.

And don't even get me started on how I had worked myself up into a funk so bad that I was sweating turning 30! Which isn't even close, yet. But it's out there! (Thank you, Sally Albright.)














(This was me two days ago.)

I have since come to realize that this move is probably way more exciting than I originally thought. And could quite possibly be my ticket to....anywhere! I'm dumping my stuff with my parents for a little while. Rent free. Which means money I would normally be handing over to my current landlord is now sitting in my bank account.

Yipee!

No comments:

Post a Comment