Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The bare necessities

I've been trying to compile a mental list of things that are absolutely necessary to have day-to-day. And at the very least, what will be important for me to lug around for the next two months as I will be somewhat homeless. (And did I mention how I am half intrigued, half irritated at the thought of being without a permanent residence? The jury is still out on this one...)

Here's a half-assed list that I have compiled thus far:
  • clothes and bathroom stuff (Weird fact: floss is always secretly at the top of my list of things I would want if I were stranded on a deserted island.)
  • water bottle (I'm really particular about this one glass water bottle I have. It's glass. It's just cool. Just because I'll be homeless doesn't mean my cool points have to go down.)
  • laptop (This would be like me trying to live without my right arm. Life would suck.)
  • camera gear (It's the bread and butter. It's a must.)
  • couple of books (This includes my Bible. I barely make it on a daily basis with it. The thought of trying to get through life without it is about as appealing as moving to Bakersfield.)
  • cell phone and ipod (Although, the ipod isn't all that vital.)
I'm looking around my apartment while I type this and I'm not really seeing a bunch of stuff I couldn't live without; two months or otherwise. The prospect of dumping a bunch of extra crap for awhile is so freeing. Every time I get rid of something I always feel as though I can breathe a little deeper. Although, I still have this nagging feeling that I'm leaving something off the list. And you know it's most likely something totally stupid, but pertinent....like underwear.


No comments:

Post a Comment