Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Stickin' it to the man...

Today I have a bit of an issue. An issue I wouldn't normally bring up so publicly, but I'm at a complete and total loss. All and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. And before your opinions get too far formed, you should be warned that this is relationship stuff. The kind of stuff that is sticky, awkward and where feelings are involved.

Here's the scenario:
It started with a whirlwind romance (in a city that will go unidentified). I felt like I was out of control. I don't usually jump all in with someone quite so fast, but this time I did. We talked and talked and found each other to be crazyamazingwonderful. Fast forward to the part where (for reasons I'm not sharing on a very public blog) we didn't work out. Although, dearest readers, you can feel free to point the finger of blame in any direction but mine.

Initially, remaining friends was in the talks, but I knew that could never happen. So, slowly I began to let him down and told him that would be a bad idea for me. Since then I've heard from him every day. And I do mean every day. We're talking twice a day, every day, for the last week or maybe longer. I honestly don't know how long this has been going on. I've lost all sense of time.

That part I attribute to sleeping on planes, blow-up mattresses, floors, couches, etc. 

Wait. Where am I?

Anyway, my dilemma has been in the let down. How do I get rid of this Stage Five Clinger? The idea of sticking it to him, all direct, blunt and no-holds barred has crossed my mind, but there's a good chance that that sort of approach is entirely lost on him. Ignoring him has clearly not been effective. I'm at a loss. Aside from the reason we're not together, he's a decent guy. And at some point down the road, maybe (and it's a pretty big maybe) we could be friends. But right now ain't the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment