Friday, October 1, 2010

Smitten. Not Head Over Heels.

In the trenches of a serious conversation with a recent flame the words "smitten" and "head over heels" was thrown into our mix of sentences. And it went something like this: smitten is not head over heels. And while he ended up proving my point for me, it was better said coming out of his mouth. And he was right. Smitten isn't head over heels. In fact, smitten is nothing more than being infatuated. Head over heels, however, is something to write home about. Scream from mountain tops. Soak up every second of and make a fuss about.

I have recently become smitten by (with the possibility of being head over heels for) a new city. I was smitten by The Second City, no doubt. However, since my latest road trip I think I'm about to be head over heels for a new city. A new city that could quite possibly become my new home by the spring. It was fun, kitschy, had amazing public transportation, beautiful and full of possibility. Essentially, it had everything I look for when I have city love in mind. And this time I may have found what I've been looking for.

Stay tuned...


2 comments:

  1. Do I get points if I can tell you which skyline that is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I am afraid you made a mistake with your foto. Maybe you chose the wrong file which is an easy mistake... So what I am getting at is that this is NOT and I repeat NOT the Beautiful Chicago skyline.... :)

    ReplyDelete