Monday, August 23, 2010

It's my birthday, I do what I want!

I have a birthday coming up in a couple weeks. I can't decide if I like birthdays or if I hate them. Either way, it gets a girl thinking. I can't help it. Every year I pull out my mental life chart: Where am I and where should I be? Am I where I thought I would be at this age? Usually the answer is no and whether I had been aware of it or not in years past, it added to my stress level.

I've decided that this year will be different. This year I will burn the mental life chart.

I will be in The Longhorn State, eating bbq and hopefully buying myself a sweet pair of boots. Boots I'll probably wear twice and laugh at every time I open my closet, but who cares! This year I will worry a lot less about what other people think I'm doing or should be doing. This year I will have fun no matter how old I am or where I live. This year I will live life the way it should be lived.

And I would appreciate it if you would hold me to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment