Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hott Mess. Two T's.

About 8 years ago one of my very best friends got married. It was a fairly surreal experience since all of us were only about 20 years old and while we all knew she would be one of the first ones to bite the dust get married, nobody really knew what marriage was about. Or what a serious relationship was for that matter. Suffice it to say, there were tears at this wedding, the likes of which I have never seen at another wedding since.

And now her sister (my faux sister) is getting married in about a month. But this time is different. This time we've all had a serious relationship or two, some of us got married, and for the most part we know what marriage entails. I thought I would handle this one better. I thought I would be a rock. I would be able to get through the wedding and toasts and sweet words just fine. I was wrong.

I had to make a toast tonight at the bridal shower and before I even had a minute to think about what I might say the tears beat my words to the punch. I was doing awesome all the way up to that point. And then, instantaneously, I wasn't awesome. Which makes me slightly scared for this wedding. I'm not the MOH, but I will be one of the girls up front crying her eyes out. Completely uncool. Not composed. Looking like someone ran over my dog.


Anyone know of a good water-proof mascara?

No comments:

Post a Comment