Thursday, July 22, 2010

I spy with my little eye...

Today I saw...

Two girls flaunting unshaved legs. One guy with a neck beard that looked like a fur coat. The pavement a little bit closer after I tripped on an uneven sidewalk. One guy carrying his laptop in a child's pink backpack while riding a beach cruiser. Buildings that looked like brownstones which reminded me of New York. Rain falling in the middle of July. One guy shouting talking so loud I could hear him through my headphones. Squirrels zig zagging through busy sidewalks. The neighborhood of an ex-governor. A teenage boy skip (very uncool) through a crosswalk. A little girl scream down a sidewalk wearing a tutu and Tinkerbell shoes. A farmers market that sold more bread than vegetables. A very unflattering reflection of my windblown hair and flushed face in the store window reflections. An eclectic book cellar, full of hippies, sporting a coffee and wine bar. A manboy so tall he appeared to be on stilts. More yuppies than I could count. A group of very excited foreign exchange students noisily chattering away. An army of children in various parks playing baseball in 87 degree weather with 100% humidity. For, what I assumed to be, love of the game. A sea of runners seemingly unaware of the heat. A flirty Puerto Rican waiter who offered to share a piece of cake with me. A smile from a good friend at the end of the day.

I think I like The Second City. Almost as much as The First.

No comments:

Post a Comment