Thursday, March 17, 2011

Stage Five Clinger

First, let me just say that I hate with a passion how this blog has somewhat become my dumping grounds for all things love related. That being said, I have nowhere else to dump all these stories and I can't write as fast as I type. So, here it is.

Last year I mentioned that I had a certain someone that just wouldn't take the hint and leave me alone. Our relationship ended somewhat suddenly when he decided that he would go where the wind blew him. It blew him into someone else within a week of my leaving his city.

Charming. 

One would think that if you were with someone who lights up your life there would be no need for anyone else. Apparently, this rule does not apply to free spirited people. I think this is crap. And since I hear from him once a month (like clockwork!) I wonder if his significant other is aware of this. This irritates me. It plays with my heart (even though I never respond) and it makes me sad for her.

I told this guy in no uncertain terms that we were through. We were over. No friendship. No facebook. No IM. Nothing. And yet I still hear from this player every 30 days. I've resorted to ignoring him, because it seems to be my last card to play. However, it seems to go unnoticed by him....




What to do? What to do?

2 comments:

  1. Continue to ignore. It'll go away eventually, and there isn't ANY good that can come from making any kind of response....at all. That's my 2 cents anyways. Be honest with anyone "new" in your crazy life too, that this person contacts you, but you don't respond...that is always good too. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such good advice about letting the new guy in on the crazy! (Well, it's all good advice:) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete