Thursday, September 9, 2010

The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

The visit to The Longhorn State was awesome! While I don't ever (and I mean ever) see myself living out that way, it will forever have a special place in my heart. If for no other reason than the people I met were amazing beings and the bbq ribs I devoured were fantastic! I've never tasted food quite like that before. My taste buds leaped inside my mouth. No joke, I could actually feel leaping in there...

Anyhow, my stay here in Beantown has been exponentially different. I woke up the first day with some itchy skin, but thought nothing of it and headed into town to get some work done and just soak up the wicked awesomeness of this city. And soak it up, I did! Day two rolled around and that's when life got interesting. And by interesting, I mean horrible. Everything that could go wrong, did. I woke up with itchy skin accompanied by little red dots all over my legs and arms. I called my mom for my first diagnosis. (Yes, I still call my mom when I'm sick.) She laughed at my misfortune. Not a chuckle, a full laugh, unstifled and barreling through my ears.



Of course, this would happen to me! If the apocalypse were going to strike only one person, it would be me.

So, concerned that I had been stricken with a flesh eating virus, I hopped on a million trains/buses and made my way to the doctors office where I waited for hours to hear that it was unidentifiable. Perfect. So, I took my forlorn face and itchy skin out to lunch where I ordered what appeared to be a very lovely, edible falafel salad. I was wrong. I ordered the could be hepatitis salad. The hair looked like my hair color, but let's be realistic. It probably wasn't mine. I'm not that lucky. And certainly not on a day like this one. 

After scrambling around the city, desperately seeking a wi-fi connection, I plopped down in Harvard Square and finally got some work done. Then I headed over to the Apple Store to see if I could doctor up my laptop. Apparently, the laptop feels everything I do.

Mac computers are so intuitive these days!

Exhausted and ready to go home I got a desperate email from the powers that be, demanding uploadsfilesfolderslinks! So, I sat down in the food court of the mall (my least favorite place to be on earth) and sat there until the sun went down. I plodded back to the bus station and waited. And waited. And ignored the Mormons marching in my direction, no doubt ready to convert my soul. And waited. And almost hailed a cab when the bus showed up, complete with a wailing Chinese man, which finally got me home.

And just when I thought I would burst into tears out of frustration from the day, I told the story to some new friends and ended up giggling so hard I'm almost positive that I burned all the calories and hepatitis from my falafel salad.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment