Friday, May 14, 2010

This horsey needs room to gallup!

Today I was determined to find fun things to do at The Lake. So far, I'm still a little stumped. I did find fun things to do for a few girls nights out.

Fondue anyone? 

And I did find a couple of cool tours that involve kayaks and wine tastings. I'm sure there's probably some clause about these two things being separate.

Some people just don't know how to have a good time!

But other than that, I've found nothing that's an every week/weekend sort of thing. So, now I'm revisiting an idea I had awhile ago: join the local co-ed softball team.

Little known fact about me: I love sports. In fact, there was a phase in my life where all I would watch was Sports Center and Sex and The City. I know. It's practically a split personality. And for anyone who really knows me and is reading this, you probably feel like I just threw you a real curve ball! (No pun intended.)


My days in SB weren't always spent shopping, going to parties and sleeping in. (Well, maybe the sleeping in part.) There were 3 to 4 solid years spent chasing waves with my surfboard, boogie board or anything that could float and let me ride on the crest of curled salt water. Then there were the years spent doing yoga. Although, I can't remember a time when I haven't kept that practice up. And then there were the last couple of years where I was the captain of an adult kickball team. That's right. I said kickball.

When I'm not on the road, I've spent almost every single day at the gym. It's not my first place to go to for fun, but it's been something to do. And now it's taken me 30 days to become completely restless to the point of going out on a field and hoping someone throws a piece of sports equipment at me. There's just something about running around outside and yelling and screaming in an umpire's face that just makes a girl feel alive!

Brace yourselves. My inner sports nut just might emerge once again.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gah. i never knew...i mean i knew about the kickball thing after encountering the--err--dentist post yogurtland and nearly kicked the curb then. and now this. curve ball indeed.

    oh, and would you believe that i was all about extreme sports back in my day...surfing, snowborading, rock-climbing, water-skiing. bad ass. i know. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my eye doctor and I didn't kick you to the curb....right away. :)

    Hottie McEye Doctor is my kryptonite. Sorry.

    And I suspected that you weren't always theatrical. Ha! Which reminds me...I played on a the football team in junior high. Just fyi.

    ReplyDelete