Thursday, May 6, 2010

But wait! There's more!

Ever have one of those weeks that's so crazy, so inconceivable that if you were to tell someone about it they would just think you're nuts? That you're off your rocker? You made it all up.

This has been my week.

As I told a friend a couple days ago, everything keeps changing. I wish it would stop, but I know it won't. Change is so unpredictable. So unwieldy. And so it was for that girl who's car spun around and tipped over in front of mine.

On a completely different note, when I'm away I really do miss my friends, but all I could think about this week was how much longer I had to be in SB before I could go home. In my version of the immortalized words of Frank, I left my heart at The Lake.

Sing on, Ol' Blue Eyes!

Aside from feeling like a fish out of water, my time down here has been good. It seems like everywhere I go and everyone I talk to has purpose in the meeting. I still don't know what possessed me to come down here for the week just to hang out when it was only a month ago that I moved away, but I can say without a doubt that this has not been a wasted trip. In fact, had I been looking for signs to tell me that where I'm going and what I'm doing is right I wouldn't have had to look very far. They've been all around me.

Just two more days...

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if this is the same but. . . I would feel this feeling whenever I would come home from SB or Japan. I think it was God's way of saying that I was just there to visit and that where I was living (SB/ JPN) was where He wanted me. When I finally moved home. . . I didn't have that "fish out of water" feeling. It was when I went to SB that I felt that way. I'm sure if I could go to Japan right now I may have that same feeling. But . . . maybe not ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually referring to SB. I know I've only been gone a month, but I totally feel out of place in this city...But I think it's a good thing, ya know? Total confirmation that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be:)

    ReplyDelete