Monday, April 26, 2010

Lessons in Learning How to Rest, Part One.

Lesson 1: Slow the Heck Down!

After two trips to Sacramento, a day trip to San Francisco and repeatedly watching Smallz (my baby nephew) overnight, I realized that I suck at this slowing down thing. I am trying to shift myself into a slower speed and not get ahead of what's to come, but it seems like the harder I try the sadder my efforts look. BUT! I will say this: I have managed to squeeze in an abnormal amount of sleep lately. It's a weird thing to go from having a completely packed schedule to a life full of empty time slots. (My phone has never been so quiet!)

On that positive note, I've also passed up a number of very fun traveling adventures! I'm never one to opt out of a good time, but my M.O. lately has been to say no to just about every invitation that sounds the least bit exhausting and/or labor intensive (ie: driving farther than 15 miles). And if it weren't for my upcoming roadtrip to Santa Barbara I would officially be off the radar.

Today's count: Two steps forward. One step back.






















I swear, I am a walking contradiction in terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment