Thursday, May 24, 2012

Community. The show and the real thing.

Life on The Ranch. Not glamorous. Not exciting. Not fast-paced, by any means. Secluded. Dusty....Different. So, different, in fact, that it feels as if I've been living in another time. I must have slipped through some portal in the universe and ended up in some other version of my life. Or maybe it's that I have taken over Dr. Sam Beckett's job and nobody remembered to tell me.

In any case, this not so glamorous life could have some serious holes in it if it weren't for Community. And I mean that in every sense of the word: the TV show and the real thing. While I've just about exhausted myself with watching the repeated jokes of the TV show to fill up the few lonesome nights, I've also been in awe of just how awesome Community can be from just about every person I've ever come in contact with. The dinner invites, the house guests, the planned excursions...it brings this City Girl to tears just about every time. The encouragement and love has been overwhelming and has made this shift in my universe possible to withstand.

I don't know what I would do without Community.


No comments:

Post a Comment