Saturday, February 12, 2011

You've got mail!

Ok. Ok. I know I'm about to jinx something here, but...I'M GETTING A VALENTINE IN THE MAIL!

*blush*

Just knowing this makes my little old fashioned heart skip a beat.

Horrible, awful, not fun fact about The City Girl: I can't remember the last time I had someone special to share Valentine's Day with me.

In years past I've resorted to hosting an annual Black [Insert Day Here] party. This year, however, I have no party to host, no party to go to and no one to spend this awful commercial holiday with. I try to ignore this ghastly forced display of mush every February, but somehow it always finds a way to flaunt it's cheesy hearts and smooching couples in my face. A lovely reminder of what I am not a part of.

Well...that being said, this year will be different. And the certain someone who will be gracing my mailbox with something utterly adorable made a good point the other night...if someone who in the past hated that holiday were sharing that day with someone permanent, that someone wouldn't mind it so much. And try as I might to fight that simple concept, I think he's right. I think I will like it.


I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment