Saturday, February 5, 2011

Curiosity killed the cat. And me.

Ever get so curious about the "what if's" and the "what's to come" that you could just burst? That's me. I cannot stand the not knowing. I really can't.

If I've said it once I've said it a million times, I'm a destination girl. I like to pretend on certain days that I enjoy the journey, but if we're being honest here it's time for me to come clean one more time. I hate the suspense.

Even more honest: Maybe it's just me, but the worst part about the time that's in between one part of your life and the next is that it's usually a learning time. A time where something pertinent and profound is taught to you in some form or other. I'm sure there's a Mary Sunshine out there that thinks this season of life is awesome. I'm not her.

In between my deciding to move to Portland and the actual act of that happening, I've stumbled upon a few reasons why I might want to stay near The Bay. Nothing serious. Nothing really big. But they're there. Dangling in front of me. Taunting me. Trying to make me find other reasons to stay put.

Are you kidding me?!?!

This is me. Desperately trying to be patient.


Once again, I find myself forced to remain open to...anything. While it's sort of a relief to not have to commit too seriously to the unknown of a somewhat far away city, the curiosity of what's down the road is literally killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment