Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011...What A Ride!

Every first day of January I sit down and write out what I want to see happen in my life for the new year. Some of my ideas are small while others are lofty dreams. Then at the start of the following year I like to look back at the previous list and journal entries to see what I managed to accomplish and how my life changed. And this year I am proud to say that almost every single thing on the list was crossed off!

In years past, I would maybe try to push myself harder or feel a little sad that only half the list got tackled. But this year, before I even peered into the past, I reminded myself that all that I saw and all that I did in the last 12 months could not have happened any other way. The past isn't changeable. It's the story that explains who I am today. So, while it would have been awesome to live in Italy for a month like I had wanted, the reward of sticking around my new home has been equally as great if not better. The dream I had for 2011 came true and even exceeded my wildest expectations in some cases.

What an amazing and life transforming year 2011 has been! I learned. I grew. I overcame. And I wouldn't trade any of it for the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment