Saturday, April 2, 2011

Friends with words

Everybody has words they like to hear and say. I have a list of words I love; words that make me giggle or light up. There are certain words that are enjoyable to roll around the tongue. And then there are words that bothersome and you can't quite say why, they just are. I have a list of those words, too.

Words I like*:
Chockablock
Flabbergasted
Fabulous
Fantastic
Delegate

Words I don't like*:
Embarrassing
Jazzed
Handy
Delicious

Oddly enough, I have found myself saying the word "delicious" repeatedly the past couple of weeks. Everytime that word pops out of my mouth I sort of stutter and choke on the words that come after it. I'm taken aback. I always think to myself, "Why did I just say that? I hate that word, delicious." I've racked my brain trying to come up with a synonym. I'm stumped. I can't seem to come up with a word that I feel would be a fitting replacement. And now it's sort of growing on me.


Could it be that the word "delicious" is, in fact, delicious?

*These are incomplete lists, but you get the idea.

1 comment:

  1. You forgot jimjams. You cant hear (or read) that word without giggling.

    ReplyDelete